Sole Survivor

Sole Survivor - Matthew Scrivens 3.5 stars. I know when you first fall in love, everything's all sunshine and roses, but Jake and Adam were just a little too sweet and perfect, and their dialogue was cheesy sometimes. While I did enjoy getting Todd's POV (Scary that there are actually people like him out in the world!), I wonder if I'd have liked it better if the book kept me guessing as to who the killer was? I do like trying to figure it out as I'm reading.

The ending was a little off for me. I'd almost rather have had the lead up to the Todd/Adam/Jake situation be shorter and include more of Jake and Adam's recovery. And Adam really made me angry when he took off after Todd and didn't bother to tell anyone where he was going or what he was doing. Why didn't he just call the cops?! And after his previous ordeal with George Gary Smith and his feelings about Todd through the book, why wouldn't he be leery esp when he tells you to come to the basement?! I dunno, just seems like someone who previously survived a serial killer might be more inclined to go with his gut reaction to people and also probably wouldn't run off after someone in a basement and not bother calling the cops or anyone else. I wouldn't go alone, and I haven't survived a serial killer, but I'm very big on going with my gut. It usually doesn't steer me wrong!