Cops, Cakes, and Coffee: First Response Series (Love's First Response Series)

Cops, Cakes, and Coffee: First Response Series (Love's First Response Series) - Sara York Maybe it's because I've been feeling a bit spacey from my allergies, but the writing felt disjointed in this one. I'd be reading along, and something would happen, and I'd go back and re-read what happened before it because I felt like I was missing something. Like how'd they get there?! Everything happened so quickly because the story was short, and the writing was just off. The MCs wanted to take their relationship slowly, esp Adam cuz he'd been burned in his previous relationship, and Drake because he's a cop and isn't out, so they didn't even kiss, but then they jumped into bed together on their second date, but they did stop so they could have dinner first. And the whole Grady thing just kind of came out of nowhere, or not really nowhere because I suspected, but it seemed like it was just thrown into this story for some drama. I think I'd have enjoyed this one more if we could have actually seen the two MCs develop their relationship rather than say they want to take it slow, jump into bed together, some forced drama, and then Drake comes out in an amazing way, and they live HEA.