The Mark of an Alpha

The Mark of an Alpha  - Kim Dare So I can't bring myself to give a Kim Dare book 2 stars, so I'm skipping the rating and writing a short review. I honestly can't decide on a 2 or 3 star rating anyway because while I enjoyed the first part of the book, I hated Bennett once he found out that he and Marsdon were to be mated. He was so obnoxious and rude to Marsdon, and I don't get why he couldn't just get over his alpha crap and submit to Marsdon. It's not like he was doing it in front of the rest of the pack, and from most or all of the other BDSM books I've read, the dominant says the sub is the one with all of the power, so why does Bennett have such an issue with submitting?! It doesn't mean he's weak, at least in my opinion. It apparently didn't in Marsdon's opinion either, but Bennett just couldn't let it go, and even by the end, he hadn't completely moved on from his issues, so I couldn't bring myself to like him, and I felt really badly for Marsdon because he was kind of stuck with him. I know Marsdon wanted to be with him, but it has to be hard being with someone who is only with you out of a sense of duty.