My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap!

My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! - Wade Kelly I must say I was very worried about all of the religiousness mentioned in the book, but it ended up being ok for me because it wasn't preachy and no one tried to tell Ellis and Cole they were wrong for being gay. I thought this book was overly long. It could have ended after the whole Mike incident was resolved, but it continued on, and then the Mother incident, but it continued on. I kept thinking ok this is it, it's over, only to see I had more to go. It would have been nice to maybe just get a short epilogue. The POV changes bugged me too... esp since it wasn't just Ellis and Cole's POVs. We got Rob, Meredith, and Mike's POV's too.

I liked both characters but they both made me mad at certain points. Cole for pushing the first time and for "pitching" instead of "catching" too. If you're going to push someone who's unsure about his sexuality and unsure about what to do or how far he wants to go, maybe letting him do you the first time would have worked out better for everyone involved?! And I'm mad at Ellis for his behavior afterwards. I get being confused and wanting space, but being mean and not talking to Cole for weeks?! Let the guy know you're confused and need some time, don't shut him out and let him suffer. I'm also mad at Ellis's description of how he felt after their first time. What I Got from his comments was that he felt violated and like less of a man afterwards. I know later on he said he didn't feel that way about Cole taking it instead, but I think that's completely F'd up for a gay guy to say. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they got their HEA after all their struggles. I love when a geek gets his man, and I love GFY.