SPOILER ALERT!

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage - Jennifer Ashley Such a great book. I was very surprised that I liked the book as much as I do... I thought I would have a hard time getting into period romance, and I was afraid it would be all talk about all the clothes they had to wear back then, and all of the rules that proper ladies had to follow, etc; however, it was not.

I love the characters in this book, as I felt like I knew them personally, and I would have been heart broken had Isabella and Mac not ended up together. I like Beth (Ian Mackenzie's wife) wanted to push them together and do anything in my power to get them back together. While reading, I was so afraid that Mac had been sleeping with other women while he and Isabella were separated, and I was so glad to find out he had not. You could really tell that these two truly cared about each other, and it would have been very sad had drunken Mac just moved on to other women to rid his mind of Isabella. I also love that the Mackenzie brothers so loved Isabella that they continued treating her as family and looked after her.

After reading this book, how could you not love the Mackenzie brothers? I cannot wait for the next book as I think Cameron will be my favorite.